Author Topic: Wanting to sell my Super Fast Traxx  (Read 10556 times)

nouseforaname

• Copper Level
Wanting to sell my Super Fast Traxx
« on: December 09, 2009, 21:37:36 »
It's sad to say that I want to sell it. I've been looking for a forum with people who would cherish these Tyco cars for life. Luckily I found this one and another but no one's replied at the other.

I've had this car since I was 14. The only thing wrong with it are the treads. As anyone who has owned a Tyco r/c car with treads knows that they tend to break over time. What's more bogus is that there are replacement treads for the Fast Traxx and nothing has been found for the Super Fast Traxx so whoever has one of these are most likely out of luck finding replacements. Mine broke last spring because I neglected to use it during winter, which to me was a smart idea. So they're currently tapped together. Does the job.

I have the original controller for it. The only thing I lost was the antenna for the remote but I replaced it with a longer one which broke at the tip which still extends and that antenna straw for the car. Got in the way so that's gone. Other than that, nothing else is missing. It's been used so there are scratches all over the car. IT WORKS, forward and reverse with both motors. Decals are kind of peeling but nothing major. It's in 27Mhz frequency.

I've posted about buying and selling and I'm not sure if it's alright but I would like to sell this to someone who will keep this taken care of more than I have. It's been 9 years and it works. Tyco doesn't mess around haha I tested it the other day so it's guaranteed working.

Not sure how this will work but throw me an offer if that's fine. I do know that these aren't cheap cars. I've seen these go for a lot and I've read how people were willing to throw down $300+ for BROKEN ones. But I'm not a jerk so if you're interested or have any questions, feel free to PM me. If no one's interested, I'm probably going to keep it.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 04:03:44 by nouseforaname »

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Wanting to sell my Super Fast Traxx
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 09:42:57 »
Thanks for joining us.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

nouseforaname

• Copper Level
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 14:30:26 »
Of course. I've found somewhere I can look around with the same interest as my own.

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 11:23:52 »
been wanting to get my hands on 1 of these for a while shame the traxx are broke would of had it other wise :'(
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021

nouseforaname

• Copper Level
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 14:17:21 »
It still runs. It is a shame that there aren't replacements out there for it. The car does work with these current traxx, they're just tapped.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 15:48:12 »
I think other guys on here have discussed using bicycle tire patch kits to mend their tracks.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

nouseforaname

• Copper Level
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 01:10:18 »
So rubber glue. I've tried that but I guess the rubber is so bad that it just breaks every other track. Maybe the whole innertube covering the treads and cut out perfectly would work. Time consuming but maybe it'd work.

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 05:47:22 »
how much u wanting with p+p im in uk tho so postage will cost a bit

nouseforaname

• Copper Level
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 07:19:02 »
I cleaned up the car real nice this morning. I feel bad that some people want this and they live out of the country making shipping a bitch to pay. I'm willing to hear offers and negotiate.

nouseforaname

• Copper Level
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 00:54:46 »
Update: I listed this up on ebay so if anyone's interested, check it out. Just look up Super Fast Traxx and you'll see the same photo as above.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops

nouseforaname

• Copper Level
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 16:50:35 »
That's the one. I had the buy it now at $180 and changed it a little lower. From the looks of it, I might not make as much as I anticipated but that's okay. My mom actually yelled at me about this one thing saying that I better make more than what the current bid is and if I don't, then I shouldn't sell it haha

Oh right. And it says listed locally so if anyone here wants it sooner, let me know before the last day of auctions end so I can cancel the listing.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 20:28:37 by nouseforaname »

nouseforaname

• Copper Level
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 16:58:31 »
Last 14 hours up on ebay.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 05:12:20 by nouseforaname »

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2009, 10:52:51 »
did u sell it for that after mate

nouseforaname

• Copper Level
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 04:03:19 »
Sucks. Yeah. I'm upset at how things worked out. I'm 100% sure the only reason I got so little was because the auction ended at 6:30am. I was hoping to get more but we win some, we lose some. I haven't shipped it out yet. Sad to let it go.